Video of "Governing Global Finance"
Click below to watch a video of the Panel "Governing Global Finance" that was held October 9, 2010 at the World Bank in Washington, DC
Run Time: 1 hr.
The video size is compressed so that those of you with slower connections can still watch the video stream.
- Jo Marie Griesgraber, Excutive Director, New Rules For Global Finance
- Domenico Lombardi, The Oxford Institute for Economic Policy (OXONIA) and the Brookings Institution
- Ron Blackwell, Chief Economist, AFL-CIO
- Matthew Martin, Director, Development Finance International
The IMF shareholders are engaged in real politik tussles over chairs and shares, allegedly to bridge the democracy deficit on the Executive Board and thereby enhance the IMF’s legitimacy. But the IMF is not alone in its need to improve its governance. So too is the G20 and the Financial Stability Board.
A superb expert panel will describe the successes to date, what international financial governance should look like, and the obstacles to achieving the desired end goal.
New Rules for Global Finance coordinated the civil society input into the IMF’s governance debate through The Fourth Pillar Report (2009).
Domenico Lombardi of Oxania and Brookings will speak about the prospects for IMF reform; Matthew Martin of Development Finance International will speak of the governance challenges of the G20; Ron Blackwell of the US AFL-CIO wish describe the challenges working with the G20 and the Financial Stability Board.
- Increasing Africa's Voice in the IMF: Sign-On LetterNovember 19, 2013
- Global Financial Governance & Impact: 2013 Overall AssessmentOctober 30, 2013
- 2013 Review of the Fund's Transparency PolicyJuly 22, 2013
- Invitation to IMF Consultation on Fiscal TransparencyJuly 22, 2013
- AFDB Side Event on Domestic Resource MobilizationJuly 08, 2013
- A Big Step Toward Greater Global Financial TransparencyJuly 02, 2013
- Briefing of lecture on "The G20, IMF, and Global Financial Crisis"June 21, 2013
- IMF to Revise Guidelines for CSO Engagement: Public Input WelcomeJune 17, 2013
- Conference on Global Finance in Lecce between May 31 and June 1June 06, 2013
- IMF Concludes Article IV Consultation with MyanmarMay 22, 2013
- Apple's offshore profit shiftingMay 21, 2013
- New Rules May 2013 UpdatesMay 03, 2013
- FINAL REPORT Financial Stability Board: Views from Insiders and CampaignersMay 03, 2013
- Recap of IMF-World Bank Spring MeetingsMay 01, 2013
- US Treasury Presses Congress on IMF FundingApril 25, 2013