Video of "Governing Global Finance"
Click below to watch a video of the Panel "Governing Global Finance" that was held October 9, 2010 at the World Bank in Washington, DC
Run Time: 1 hr.
The video size is compressed so that those of you with slower connections can still watch the video stream.
- Jo Marie Griesgraber, Excutive Director, New Rules For Global Finance
- Domenico Lombardi, The Oxford Institute for Economic Policy (OXONIA) and the Brookings Institution
- Ron Blackwell, Chief Economist, AFL-CIO
- Matthew Martin, Director, Development Finance International
The IMF shareholders are engaged in real politik tussles over chairs and shares, allegedly to bridge the democracy deficit on the Executive Board and thereby enhance the IMF’s legitimacy. But the IMF is not alone in its need to improve its governance. So too is the G20 and the Financial Stability Board.
A superb expert panel will describe the successes to date, what international financial governance should look like, and the obstacles to achieving the desired end goal.
New Rules for Global Finance coordinated the civil society input into the IMF’s governance debate through The Fourth Pillar Report (2009).
Domenico Lombardi of Oxania and Brookings will speak about the prospects for IMF reform; Matthew Martin of Development Finance International will speak of the governance challenges of the G20; Ron Blackwell of the US AFL-CIO wish describe the challenges working with the G20 and the Financial Stability Board.
- Holding the IMF and Governments Accountable for Subsidy ReformJuly 17, 2014
- IMF Releases Preliminary Considerations for Lending Framework and Sovereign DebtJune 20, 2014
- Development Groups Urge IMF to Protect Poor in Debt WorkoutsJune 13, 2014
- Investing in Interns InitiativeMay 12, 2014
- Letter to Congress Urging IMF Reform (with Signatures)March 10, 2014
- IMF Makes Progress in TransparencyMarch 07, 2014
- IMF Consultation - Triennial Surveillance ReviewFebruary 25, 2014
- Insight into the Markets in Financial Instrument Directive (MiFID II)January 28, 2014
- Are Free Trade Agreements Undermining Financial Stability?January 23, 2014
- FSB Transparency Evolves; Leaves Information GapsJanuary 10, 2014
- New Rules Annual Report 2013December 16, 2013
- FSB Watch Workshop: Bring Civil Society Agenda to the FSBDecember 12, 2013
- Ensuring IMF Programs Reduce PovertyDecember 12, 2013
- Increasing Africa's Voice in the IMF: Sign-On LetterNovember 19, 2013
- Global Financial Governance & Impact: 2013 Overall AssessmentOctober 30, 2013