Video of "Governing Global Finance"
Click below to watch a video of the Panel "Governing Global Finance" that was held October 9, 2010 at the World Bank in Washington, DC
Run Time: 1 hr.
The video size is compressed so that those of you with slower connections can still watch the video stream.
- Jo Marie Griesgraber, Excutive Director, New Rules For Global Finance
- Domenico Lombardi, The Oxford Institute for Economic Policy (OXONIA) and the Brookings Institution
- Ron Blackwell, Chief Economist, AFL-CIO
- Matthew Martin, Director, Development Finance International
The IMF shareholders are engaged in real politik tussles over chairs and shares, allegedly to bridge the democracy deficit on the Executive Board and thereby enhance the IMF’s legitimacy. But the IMF is not alone in its need to improve its governance. So too is the G20 and the Financial Stability Board.
A superb expert panel will describe the successes to date, what international financial governance should look like, and the obstacles to achieving the desired end goal.
New Rules for Global Finance coordinated the civil society input into the IMF’s governance debate through The Fourth Pillar Report (2009).
Domenico Lombardi of Oxania and Brookings will speak about the prospects for IMF reform; Matthew Martin of Development Finance International will speak of the governance challenges of the G20; Ron Blackwell of the US AFL-CIO wish describe the challenges working with the G20 and the Financial Stability Board.
- IMF Concludeds Article IV Consultation with MyanmarMay 22, 2013
- Apple's offshore profit shiftingMay 21, 2013
- New Rules May 2013 UpdatesMay 03, 2013
- FINAL REPORT Financial Stability Board: Views from Insiders and CampaignersMay 03, 2013
- Recap of IMF-World Bank Spring MeetingsMay 01, 2013
- US Treasury Presses Congress on IMF FundingApril 25, 2013
- Urge the US to Pass IMF ReformsMarch 12, 2013
- IMF Africa Regional Technical Assistance CentersFebruary 04, 2013
- January UpdateFebruary 01, 2013
- IMF approves temporary extension of interest waiver for Low-Income CountriesDecember 21, 2012
- Call For Papers: Macroeconomic Challenges Facing Low-Income CountriesDecember 11, 2012
- Newsletter October 2012October 22, 2012
- PRGT Update: IMF Executive Director approves gold windfall profits for low-income country lendingOctober 01, 2012
- High Level Seminar on IMF Quota ReformSeptember 18, 2012
- IMF Quota Formula UpdateAugust 29, 2012